3.16.2007

SAVE VERONICA!

While we're on the topic of action-adventure sleuthing...



The internets are all aflutter with rumors of the impending cancellation of Veronica Mars courtesy of E! Online's Kristin Veitch:
Though official word has not yet come down from the network, I did hear from creator Rob Thomas earlier this week, who told me things weren’t looking good: “I’ve never been less certain of our fate. I’m afraid I’ve gone from cautiously optimistic to something less than that.
In a later post, Veitch reports that another possible option would be to reset the show 4 years ahead, with Veronica attending the FBI academy. Not a bad idea, really. The college years never fail to drag a good teen show down, and Veronica Mars hasn't been completely immune to this phenomenon. Most of the supporting cast has outlived it's usefulness. The Logan relationship is played out. Dick is a gag. Wallace, Mac, and Weevil are woefully underdeveloped. The two new regulars... well, their names escape me, which is part of the problem. Truth is, much as I still enjoy the show, it could use some freshening up. All I ask is that the powers-that-be see fit to keep Keith Mars in the picture. Veronica's relationship with her father is too important to who she is and to what the show's about to cast it aside. And, y'know, Best TV Dad ever (sorry, Cosby).

0 comments: