8.16.2004

OLYMPIC FEVER

I caught a few minutes of it here and there and man, those stands are empty. I'm sure terrorism has something to do with it, but perhaps many of you feel as I do, indifferent. I'm no sports fan, as many of you might know. I like the old Iron Man competitions that ESPN2 still airs on occassion. A guy pulling a truck with his teeth; that's sports.

When it comes to athletic competition, the only thing that I really remember rooting for were the Yogi Yahooey's who competed against the Scooby Doobies and the Really Rottens in the All-Star Laff-a-lympics. Sure, these events didn't have the drama of Gabe Kaplan versus Anson Williams and Robert Urich in ABC's Battle of the Network Stars, but to a cartoon obsessed kid, the Laff-a-lympics was pure bliss.



Drama. Excitement. Pure Bliss!

0 comments: