8.16.2004

MOTION PICTURE ROUND UP- HEE HAW!

I've made it to the Bijou lately and have seen a smattering of flicks as of late. Here's the rundown:

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE: Very entertaining, although trying a bit too hard to be from the Wes Anderson school. Bottom line, it had more genuine laughs than anything else I've seen this summer. All the characters and situations are memorable and I really really enjoyed watching Napoleon, Pedro, Kip, Uncle Rico and company.


"I'm going to build her a cake"


COLLATERAL: Michael Mann returns with a well crafted film that tends to drag a bit. Jamie Foxx is good and all of the supporting cast were fairly memorable. As for Tom Cruise? Let's just say he's really, really good at playing Tom Cruise.


"I'm Tom Cruise!"


SHAUN OF THE DEAD: I got a bootleg of this horror comedy coming out soon. It's fun, it's got heart and it's got zombies. See it and laugh.


"You are so dead."


ALIENS VS. PREDATOR: It sucked.


"You're it!."

0 comments: